About Us


Fallsbrook Motors in 1952Fallsbrook Motors Now

Started by James Ernest Bate in the years following the Second World War, Fallsbrook Motors was first based out of a small residential garage in Fallsbrook Road, London. By 1952, when records for Fallsbrook Motors as we know it begin, Ernie had bought up all the surrounding lock ups and then by 1960, had purchased the land the garages all stood upon.

During this time, his son Peter was completing his apprenticeship at Southern Motors, joining the family firm in the mid-1960s as a senior mechanic.

In the mid-1970s, Ernie retired and the reins were handed to Peter, who put his stamp on the place in the early 1980s by razing the original buildings to the ground and building the impressive compound that stands today.

His son David started working for the garage in the late 1990s, coming on board full-time in 2002.

2007 saw the third generation of the Bate family take over management of Fallsbrook, with David becoming responsible for the day-to-day running of the garage.

A proud member of the Autocare Group, Fallsbrook Motors has established its place in the local community as trustworthy, reliable car and goods vehicle mechanics. A VOSA-approved Class 4 MOT testing venue, Fallsbrook Motors specialises in car servicing, repair and maintenance, with an externally-run body shop on site too.